1. During the freedom struggle, Aruna Asaf Ali was a major woman organizer of underground activity in ______________
(A) Civil Disobedience Movement
(B) Non-Cooperation Movement
(C) Quit India Movement
(D) Swadeshi Movement
2. The term Khalisa in Mughal administration signified the ________________
(A) entire Imperial establishment
(B) land owned b the emperor himself
(C) religious land grants
(D) land from where revenue was collected for the Imperial Treasury
3. A woman saint of medieval India, who was a great Shaivite, was ______________
(A) Lalla of Kashmir
(B) Mirabai of Rajasthan
(C) Sita, the queen of Pipa
(D) Jamabai of Maharashtra
4. Who among the following used the phrase ‘un British’ to criticize the English colonial control of India?
(A) Anandmohan Bose
(B) Badruddin Tyabji
(C) Dadabhai Naroji
(D) Pherozeshah Mehta
5. Which Sultan declared himself as Siknadar-i-Sani, the Second Alexander?
(D) Aluddin Khilji
6. The land of Bombay was given to the English Price Charles II as dowry by the ______________
7. During Indian Freedom Struggle, which one of the following happened earliest?
(A) Simon Commission
(B) Gaya Session of Congress
(C) Tripuri Session of Congress
(D) Gandhi-Irwin Pact
8. The site of the third oldest civilisation after the Sumerian and Egyption, Mohenjo-daro, was built in
(A) 2500 BC
(B) 2500-2000 BC
(C) 2300 BC
(D) 2200 BC
9. There was a sharp class division at Harappa and Mohen-jodaro. This is clear from the ______________
(A) Indus seals excavated
(B) religious beliefs of the Harappans
(C) tools and implements used by the Harappans
(D) different types of dwellings excavated
10. The magnum opus in the art of temple architecture of Vijayanagar was temple of ______________
11. Under the Guptas in eastern India, there was probably an intermediate level of administration between vishayas (districts) and villages. Identify it.
12. The term yavanika meant _________________
(A) foreign goods
13. In 1930, Mahatma Gandhi started Civil Disobedience Movement from ______________
14. During the Indian Fredom Struggle who of the following raised and army called Free Indian Legion?
(A) Lala Hardayal
(B) Rashbehari Bose
(C) Subhash Chandra Bose
(D) VD Savarkar
15. Which one of the following was the first fort constructed by the British in India?
(A) Fort William
(B) Fort St George
(C) Fort St David
(D) Fort St Angelo
16. Velu Thampi led a revolt against the British in state of
17. The term samanta, meaning a feudatory from the sixth century AD, originally meant a ________________
18. Who invented the technique of extracting scent from Rose?
(A) Mahan Anga
(B) Nur Jahan
(C) Mumtaz Mahal
(D) Roshan Ara
19. Which of the following acted as bankers and money lenders?
20. Which Mughal Emperor was first a prisoner of the British and later a pensioner of the Marathas till his death?
(A) Shah Alam II
(B) Bahadur Shah II
(C) Alamgir II
(D) Akbar Shah II