1. The Sikh Khalsa was founded by ______________
(A) Gur Teg Bahadur
(B) Guru Nanak
(C) Guru Gobind Singh
(D) Guru Hargobind
2. Who was the Viceroy of India when the Rowlatt Act was passed?
(A) Lord Irwin
(B) Lord Reading
(C) Lord Chelmsford
(D) Lord Wavell
3. The first major inscription in classical Sanskrit is that of ______________
(A) Chandragupta Vikramadita
(B) Kanishka I
4. The only major industry in the hands of the Indian capitalists during the late nineteenth century was ______________
(C) iron and steel
(D) cotton textile
5. The treaty of Srirangapatna was signed between Tipu Sultan and ________________
(A) Robert Clive
(D) Warren Hastings
6. The name Dharmasoka was found in the ______________
(A) Maski Edict
(B) Junagarh Inscription
(C) Sarnath Inscription
(D) Allahabad Pillar Inscription
7. Who was Francisco De Almeida?
(A) Dutch Viceroy in India
(B) Portuguese Viceroy in India
(C) French Viceroy in India
(D) English Viceroy in India
8. In Buddhism, what does Patiomokkha stand for?
(A) A description of Mahayana Buddhism
(B) A description of Hinaana Buddhism
(C) The rules of the Sangha
(D) The questions of king Manander
9. Mahatma Gandhi and Rabindranath Tagore did not define India as a ‘nation’ because they were ______________
(A) appreciative of cultural divisiveness
(B) opposed to the idea of homogeneity
(C) supportive of ‘oneness’
(D) critical of hegemonic culture
10. The battle of Dharmat was fought between _____________
(A) Muhammad Ghori and Jai Chand
(B) Babar and the Afghans
(C) Aurangzeb and Dara Shikoh
(D) Ahmad Shah Durrani and the Marathas
11. Which one among the following Indus cities was known for water management?
12. Who of the following founded the Ahmedabad Textile Labour Association?
(A) Mahatma Gandhi
(B) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
(C) NM Joshi
(D) JB Kripalani
13. Who among the following leaders dominated the Lucknow Pact in December, 1916?
(A) Jawahar lal Nehru
(B) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(C) Motilal Nehru
(D) Madan Mohan Malaviya
14. In early medieval India, what did the term Jital refer to?
15. Who among the following was the founder of the Muslim League?
(A) Muhammad Ali Jinnah
(B) Shaukat Ali
(C) Nawab Salimullah
(D) Aga Khan
16. Which one of the following slogans is attributes of Subhash Chandra Bose?
(A) Jai Jawan Jai Kisan
(B) Vande Mataram
(C) Jai Hind
(D) Inqilab Zindabad
17. Which one of the following was a corporation of merchants in ancient India?
18. The medieval ruler who was the first to establish a ministry of agriculture was _____________
(A) Aluddin Khilji
(B) Mohammad Bin Tughlaq
(C) Sher SHah
19. Krishnadeva Raya’s Amuktamalyada is a work on _____________
(A) his political ideas
(B) public administration
(C) administration of justice and foreign affairs
(D) All of the above
20. Which one of the following inscriptions mentions Pulakesin II’s military success against Harshavardhana?
(A) Allahabad Pillar Inscription
(B) Aihole Inscription
(C) Damodarpur Copperplate Inscription
(D) Bilsad Inscription