1. Who among the following rejected the title of knighthood and refused the accept a position in the Council of the Secretary of State for India?
(A) Motilal Nehru
(B) MG Ranade
(C) GK Gokhale
(D) BG Tilak
2. In which one of the following sessions was the Indian National Congress split into Moderates and Extremists?
3. Who among the following immediately succeeded Rammohan Roy as the head of the Brahmo Samaj?
(A) Devendranath Tagore
(B) Akshay Kumar Datta
(C) Keshab Chandra Sen
(D) Sibnath Shastri
4. Which one of the following scientific subjects was not taught at the University of Nalanda?
(A) Medicine and Pharmacology
(D) Life Sciences
5. The Modi script’ was employed in the documents of the ______________
6. The word Adivasi was used for the first time to refer to the tribal people by _________________
(A) Mahatma Gandhi
(B) Thakkar Bappy
(C) Jyotiba Phule
(D) BR Ambedkar
7. In which of the following regions, the evidence of rock-cut architecture is not found?
8. Who among the following Governor Generals formed the Triple Alliance against Tipu Sultan?
(A) Warren Hastings
(B) Lord Cornwallis
(C) Lord Wellesley
(D) Lord William Bentinck
9. In collaboration with David Hare and Alexander Duff, who of the following established the Hindu college at Calcutta?
(A) Henry Louis Vivian Derozio
(B) Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
(C) Keshab Chandra Sen
(D) Raja Rammohan Roy
10. Which among the following was the factor behind Magadhan supremacy?
(A) Geographical position-ganga, Gandak and Ghaghra in North and son in South and capital city Rajgriha fortified with five hills
(B) Fertile soil and abundance of Iron ore
(C) Both ‘a’ and ‘b’
(D) None of the above
11. The year 788 AD was a good one for Hinduism. Why?
(A) Shankracharya was born that year.
(B) Harsha Vardhana, the last Buddhist king, died.
(C) Samudragupta converted to Hinduism.
(D) All Muslim invaders were defeated.
12. The language of discourses of Gautama Buddha was ________________
13. In India, the first to put forward the theory that the Earth revolves round the Sun was ______________
14. Mughal dynasty was the Bahadur Shah Zafar as Lodi dynasty was to ______________
(A) Bahlol Lodi
(B) Daulat Khan Lodi
(C) Ibrahim Lodi
(D) Sikander Lodi
15. Who of the following was a contemporary of Alexander, the Great?
(B) Chandragupta Maurya
(D) Pushyamitra Sunga
16. Mahatma Gandhi undertook ‘fast unto death’ against the Communal Award. He, however, discontinued the fast,because
(A) the congress leaders successfully prevailed upon Mahatma Gandhi to accept the Award
(B) the British Government withdrew the Communal Award
(C) of the conclusion of the Poona Pact
(D) the weaker classes openly opposed the Award
17. At the time of partition of India, which one of the following provinces of British India came forward with a plan for a united and independent existence?
18. 26th October, 1947 is an important date in the Indian history, because of
(A) Maharaja Hari Singh’s singning of instrument of accession
(B) ceasefire with Pakistan
(C) merger of Sindh
(D) declaration of war over India by Pakistan
19. Where is the famous khandariya Mahadev temple located?
20. In India, among the following locations, the Dutch established their earliest factory at ______________