1. The educated middle class in India ______________
(A) opposed the Revolt of 1857
(B) supported the Revolt of 1857
(C) remained neutral to the Revolt of 1857
(D) fought against native rulers
2. With whose permission did the English set up their first factory at Surat?
3. The Royal writs of land grants during the post Gupta period were known as _______________
4. Which one of the following was a journal brought out by Abul Kalam Azad?
(D) The Indian Sociologist
5. Milindapanho is in the form of a dialogue between the king Menander and the Buddhist monk .
6. Muhammad Ghori invaded India on account of his __________
(A) vaulting ambition for expansion of his empire
(B) love of conquest and power
(C) love of conquest and power
(D) Both ‘a’ and ‘b’
7. The victories of Karikala are well portrayed in ______________
8. To which professions earlier leaders who struggled for freedom of India mainly belonged?
(D) All of the above
9. The Silver coins issued b the Guptas were called ______________
10. Who succeeded Robert Clive to lead the East India Company?
(A) Lord Bentinck
(B) Lord Cornwallis
(C) Lord Hastings
(D) Lord Wellesley
11. Which one among the following principles was not propagated in the Theosophical Society?
(A) Belief at Karma and Rebirth
(B) Belief in Universal Brotherhood and Humanity
(C) Belief in Vedantic Philosophy
(D) Belief in the Eradication of untouchability
12. Where did the English open their first factory in the South in 1611?
13. The Vijayanagara ruler, Kirshnadev Raya’s work Amuktamalyada, was in ______________
14. Dhrupad Dharmar style of singing was started by ______________
(A) Amir Khusro
(B) Nur Jahan
(C) Mumtaz Mahal
(D) Mariam Makani
15. In 1717, which Mughal Emperor gave the English East India Company a fireman granting trade privileges in India?
(A) Shah Alam II
(B) Bahadur Shah
(C) Jahandar Shah
16. Under whose presidency was the Lahore Session of the Indian National Congress held in the year 1929 wherein a resolution was adopted to gain complete independence from the British?
(A) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(B) Gopal Krishna Gokhale
(C) Jawaharlal Nehru
(D) Motilal Nehru
17. Traces of rice cultivation have been found at which of the following Harrapan sites?
(A) Lothal and Rangpur
(B) Kalibangan and Ropar
(C) Alamgirpur and Harappa
(D) All Harappan sies
18. The Hunter Commission was appointed after the ______________
(A) Black-hole incident
(B) Jallianwala Bagh massacre
(C) Uprising of 1857
(D) Partition of Bengal
19. The first among the Indian Princess to ban untouchability in his state and lead the anti Brahmin Movement was ______________
(A) Raja Mahendra Pratap
(B) Chhatrapati SHahu
(C) Fateh Singh Gaekwad
(D) Malhar Rao Holkar
20. In which one of the following are Samudragupta’s achievements mentioned?
(A) Allahabad Pilr Inscription
(B) Junagadh Rock Inscription
(C) Mehrauli Iron Pillar Inscription
(D) Hathigumpha Edict