1. The famous kailasa temple, cut out of solid rock at Ellora, was built under the patronage of the ______________
2. The concept of eight-fold path forms the theme of __________
(C) Mahaparinibban Sutta
(D) Dharma Chakra Pravartana Sutta
3. The use of spinning wheel (Charkha) became common during the ______________
(A) 9th Century AD
(B) 10th Century AD
(C) 12th Century AD
(D) 14th Century AD
4. Todar Mal was associated with ______________
(C) land revenue reforms
5. Who was responsible for the enactment of the Hindu Widow’s Remarriage Act of 1856?
(A) Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
(B) Devendranath Tagore
(C) Raja Rammohan Roy
(D) Keshab Chandra Sen
6. The first State in India which was created on linguistic basis is ______________
(A) Andhra Pradesh
7. The Rowlatt Act was passed to ______________
(A) bring about agrarian reforms
(B) curtail the nationalish and revolutionary activities have a favourable balance of trade
(C) have a favourable balance of trade
(D) put second world war criminals on trial
8. The slogan ‘Inquilab Zindabad’ was first raised by __________
(A) Lakmanya Tilak
(B) Veer Savarkar
(C) Chandrashekar Azad
(D) Bhagat Singh
9. The ruler of which one of the following States was removed from power by the British on the pretext of misgovernance?
10. Kautilya classified the spies into ______________
(A) Sansthah-Stationary spies
(B) Sancharah-Wandering spies
(C) Both ‘a’ and ‘b’
(D) Gudha purusha-Secret agents
11. Who among the following was a founder of Swaraj party?
(A) Vallabhabhai Patel
(B) Rajendra Prasad
(C) CR Das
(D) Narendra Deb
12. The Treaty of Amritsar was concluded between Maharaha Ranjit Singh and who of the following?
(A) Lord Cornwallis
(B) Lord Dalhousie
(C) Lord Hastings
(D) Lord Minto
13. Who prescribed the separate electorates for India on the basis of the Communal Award in August, 1932?
(A) Lord Irwin
(B) Ramsay MacDonald
(C) Lord Linlithgo
(D) Winston Churchill
14. Which one of the following statements regarding Harappan Civilization is correct?
(A) The standard Harappan seals were made of clay
(B) The inhabitants of Harappa had neither knowledge of copper nor bronze
(C) The harrapan Civilzation was rural based
(D) The inhabitants of Harappa grew and used cotton
15. To which among the following the residuary powers were conferred by the federation established by the Act of 1935?
(A) Federal Legislature
(B) Provincial Legislatures
(C) Governor General
(D) Provincial Governors
16. Which of the following was the first Neolithic site to be noticed in India?
17. The first Anglo-Burmese War was concluded by a treaty. Which one among the following is that?
(A) Treaty of Burma
(B) Treaty of Tamu
(C) Treaty of Bhamo
(D) Treaty of Yandaboo
18. The use of Kharoshti in ancient Indian architecture is the result of India’s contact with
(A) Central Asia
19. The Anarchical and Revolutionary Crime Act (1919) was popularly known as the ______________
(A) Rowlatt Act
(B) Ilbert Bill
(C) Indian Arms Act
(D) Pitt’s India Act
20. The Bhoodan leader Vinoba Bhave inaugurated the Bhoodan movement in ______________
(C) Paschim Banga