1. Who among the following started the newspaper Shome Prakash?
(A) Dayanand Saraswati
(B) Ishwar CHandra Vidyasagar
(C) Raja Rammohan Roy
(D) Surendranath Banerjee
2. Who was the Mughal Emperor when the Battle of Plassey was fought between the Nawab of Bengal and the English East India Company?
(A) Ahmad Shah
(B) Aziz-ud-din Alamgir II
(C) Muhammad Shah
(D) Shah Alam II
3. Who among the following had founded the Theosophical Society in the United States of America?
(A) Swami Dayanand Saraswati
(B) Madame Blavatsky
(C) Madame Cama
(D) Lala Hardayal
4. Which one of the following monuments a dome which is said to the one of the largest in the world?
(A) Tomb of Sher Shah, Sasaram
(B) Jama Masjid, Delhi
(C) Tomb of Ghiyas-ud-din Tughlaq, Delhi
(D) Gol Gumbaz, Bijapur
5. The Later Mughal Emperor Shah Alam II was actually known as __________
(C) Ali Gauhar
6. Which one of the following Ashrams was not set up by Gandhi?
(A) Phoenix Ashram
(B) Tolstoy Farm
(D) Gandhi Ashram
7. Who among the following is known for his work on medicine during the Gupta period?
8. Which among the following is the oldest dynasty?
(A) Pallava Dynasty
(B) Chola Dynasty
(C) Maurya Dynasty
(D) Gupta Dynasty
9. Who among the following was not a member of the Cabinet Mission?
(A) Sir Stafford Cripps
(B) AV Alexander
(D) Pethwick Lawrence
10. Who was the first foreign minister of India?
(A) VK Krishna Menon
(B) Sardar Baldev Singh
(C) Rafi Ahmad Kidwai
(D) Pt Jawaharlal Nehru
11. Among the following which Mughal Emperor introduced the policy of Sulh-i-kul?
12. Nastaliq was _________________
(A) a persian script used in medieval India
(B) a raga composed by Tansen
(C) a cess levied by the Mughal rulers
(D) a manual of Code of Conduct for the Ulemas
13. Who built the Ibadatkhana at Fatehpur Sikri?
14. A popular Hindi film based on the famous Sanskrit play Mrcchakatika was titled _____________
15. Who among the following is credited with the invention of Algebra?
16. India’s Defence Minister, who was made to resign after the Chinese aggression, was ______________
(A) VK Krishna Menon
(B) YB Chavan
(C) Sardar Swarn Singh
(D) Govind Vallabh Pant
17. The first definite step to provide Parliamentary control over East India Company was taken by
(A) the Regulating Act
(B) the Pitts India Act
(C) the Charter Act of 1793
(D) the Charter Act of 1813
18. In which one of the following provinces was a Congress ministry not formed under the Act of 1935?
19. Who organized Abhinava Bharat, a Secret Society of Revolutionaries?
(A) Khudiram Bose
(B) Prafulla Chaki
(C) GD Sarvarkar
(D) Pulin Bihari Das
20. The Mongols under Chengiz Khan invaded India during the reign of __________
(B) Feroz Tughlaq
(D) Muhammad bin Tughlaq