1. Who among the following established the Calcutta Unitarian Committee?
(A) Raja Rammohan Roy
(B) Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
(C) Keshab Chandra Sen
(D) Rabindranath Tagore
2. Who of the following was known Deshbandhu?
(A) Aurobindo Ghosh
(B) Chittranjan Das
(C) Dadabhai Naroji
(D) Jyotiba Phule
3. \”Sohan Culture\” is another name of
(A) Paleolithic Culture
(B) Mesolithic CUlture
(C) Neolithic Culture
(D) Chalcolithic Culture
4. Which among the following was the first English newspaper in India in the year 1780?
(A) The Calcutta Gazette
(B) The Bengal Gazette
(C) The Bengal Journal
(D) The Bombay Herald
5. The first venture of Gandhi in All India Politics was the _____________
(A) Non-Cooperation Movement
(B) Rowlatt Satyagraha
(C) Champaran Movement
(D) Dandi March
6. Against whom of the following was the Lahore Conspiracy Case registered during the Indian Freedom Struggle?
(A) Lala Hardayal
(B) Lala Lajpat Rai
(C) Vinayak Damodar Savarkar
(D) Vishnu Ganesh Pingle
7. What was the occasion for Rana Kumbha’s construction of the ‘Tower of Victory’ at Chittor?
(A) His victory against Ahmad Shah of Gujarat
(B) His victory against Mahmud Khilji of Malwa
(C) His victory against the Khan of Nagaur
(D) His victory against Rao Jodha of Marwar
8. A novel and remarkable feature of the Civil Disobedience Movement was the wide spread participation of ______________
(D) Industrialists and merchants
9. Who was the last ruler of the Tughlaq dynasty of the Delhi Sultanate?
(A) Firoz Shah Tughlaq
(B) Ghiyasuddin Tughlaq Shah II
(C) Nasir-ud-din Mahmud
(D) Nasrat SHah
10. The last major extension of British Indian territory took place during the time of ______________
11. Who was the last Mughal emperor to sit on the peacock throne?
(B) Bahadur Shah Zafar
(C) Muhammad Shah
(D) Shah Alam II
12. India look a very strong anti West stand during _____________
(A) Suez Canal crisis
(B) Annexation of Goa to India
(C) Korean War
(D) Belgrade Summit
13. Amongst the following who cooperated with Raja Ram Mohan Roy in the implementation of his educational programmes?
(A) Dwarkanath Tagore
(B) David Hare
(C) Henri Derozio
(D) William Jones
14. The Chief Dutch export from coromandel ports was ______________
(D) Salt petre
15. The temple of Somnath which was destroyed by Mahmud Ghazni was dedicated to Lord _______________
16. Who among the following was an ally of Mir Qasim in the Battle of Buxar?
(A) Haider Ali
(B) Maharaja Ranjit Singh
(C) Malhar Rao Holkar
(D) Shah Alam II
17. Which one of the following revolts was made famous by Bankim Chandra Chatterjee in his novel Anand Math?
(A) Bhi Uprising
(B) Rangpur and Dinapur Uprising
(C) Bishnupur and Birbhum Rebellion
(D) Sanyasi Rebellion
18. The Vedic deity Indra was the Goddess of ________________
(C) rain and thunder
19. The foreign traveller whose account does not throw light on the history of the Sultanate is _________________
(A) Ibn Batuta
(B) Macro Polo
(C) Abdur Razzaq
(D) Athanasius Nikitin
20. Whom did the Dutch turn out from Malay Fourth Anglo-Mysore war are correct?