1. The Uprising of 1857 was described as the first Indian war of Independence by
(A) S.N. Sen
(B) R.C. Mazumdar
(C) B.G. Tilak
(D) D.V. Savakar
2. Which one of the following four Vedas contains an account of magical charms and spells?
3. To which king belongs the Lion capitol at Sarnath?
4. The term ‘Aryans’ denotes __________
(A) an ethnic group
(B) a nomadic people
(C) a speech group
(D) a superior race
5. Which one of the following leaders of the Congress was totally in favour of Cabinet Mission Plan?
(A) Mahatma Gandhi
(B) Jawaharlal Nehru
(C) Sardar Patel
(D) Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
6. Who among the following was a contemporary of Gautam Buddha?
7. The Turko-Afghan rule in India lasted for about __________
(A) two centuries
(B) three centuries
(C) four centuries
(D) a little over one century
8. Pulkasin II defeated Harshavardhan on the bank of the river
9. Tipu sultan was the ruler of ______________
10. Which of these Neolithic people were cattle herders?
11. Who drafted the Constitution of Muslim League, ‘The Green Book’?
(A) Rahamat Ali
(B) Mohammad Iqbal
(C) Mohammad Ali Jinnah
(D) Maulana Mohammad Ali Jauhar
12. Mughal architecture is known for its _____________
(C) Decoration and delicacy
(D) Grandeur and religious predilection
13. The English Governor in India who was expelled by Aurangzeb was _________________
(B) Sir John Child
(C) Sir John Gayer
(D) Sir Nicholas Waite
14. Which animal figures most in the cave paintings of Mesolithic age?
15. Lord Mountbatten came to India as Viceroy along with specific instruction to ______________
(A) Balkanize the Indian sub-continent
(B) keep India United if possible
(C) accept Jinnah’s demand for pakistan
(D) persuade the Congress to accpt partition
16. In the Delhi Sultanat, an administrative unit called ‘Paragana’ was headed by an official known as __________
17. Under the Government of India, Provincial Legislatures consisted of two chambers, except in the case of ______________
18. No Taxation without representation, was the popular slogan of ______________
(A) Indian Freedom Struggle
(B) American war of Independence
(C) Russian Revolution
(D) French Revolution
19. Harappan weapons were made of _____________
(D) All of these
20. At which of the following Harappan sites has been found a vase depicting the folk tale the \”Thirst crow\”?