1. Bronze icons of Nataraja cast during the Chola period invariably show the deity with __________
(A) eight hands
(B) six hands
(C) four hands
(D) two hands
2. What does Baudhan theorem (Baudha-yan Sulva Sutra) relate to?
(A) Lengths of sides of a right-angled triangle
(B) Calculation of the value of pi
(C) Logarithmic calculations
(D) Normal disribution curve
3. Who among the following joined Mir Qasim and Shuja-ud-Daula in declaring war upon the English East India Company and was later defeated by the British at the Battle of Buxar?
(A) Jahandar Shah
(C) Muhammad Shah
(D) Shah Alam II
4. Due to the leadership and success in which one of the following did Vallabhhai Patel get the title of ‘Sardar’?
(A) Kheda Satyagraha
(B) Non-Cooperation Movement
(C) Bardoli Satyagraha
(D) Civil Disobedience Movement
5. \”Lectures from Colombo to Almora\” is based on the experiences of which one of the following?
(A) Veer Savarkar
(B) Annie Besant
(C) Ramkrishna Pararmhansa
(D) Swami Vivekanand
6. Under an agreement with which of the following countries did Subhas Chandra Bose organise the Indian soldiers, taken as prisoners by the Axis Powers, into the Azad Hind Fauj?
7. Through which one of the following, the king exercised his control over villages in the Vijayanagar Empire?
8. A London branch of the Ali India Muslim League was established in 1908 under the presidency of _____________
(A) Aga Khan
(B) Ameer Ali
(C) Liaquat Ali Khan
(D) MA Jinnah
9. In which of the following years was the All-India Trade Union Congress formed in Bombay?
10. Who among the following was not a party to the coalition that fought against the English in the Battle of Buxar?
(A) Mir Kasim
(B) Mir Jafar
(D) Shah Alam II
11. What was Komagata Maru?
(A) A political party based in Taiwan
(B) Peasant communist leader of China
(C) A naval ship of voyage to Canada
(D) A Chinese village where Mao Tre Lung began his long march
12. To evolve a peaceful settlement of the conflict between India and China, which of the following non-aligned Afro-Asian nations participated in a conference held in December 1962?
(A) Burma (now Myanmar), Combodia, Indonesia and UAR
(B) Burma, Sri Lanka, Combodia and Indonesia
(C) Burma, Indonesia, Ghana and Sri Lanka
(D) All of the above
13. In the Mahayana Buddhism, the Bodhisatva Avalokitesvar was also known as ______________
14. The Mahzar or an attested statement signed by the seven leading Ulemas was issued by _______________
15. Which one of the following is the first company managed major port in India?
16. The title of ‘Viceroy’ was added to the office of the Governor-General of India for the first time in _____________
(A) 1848 AD
(B) 1856 AD
(C) 1858 AD
(D) 1862 AD
17. Vikramaditya, a king of Ujjain, started the Vikrama samvat in 58 BC in commemoration of his victory over ______________
18. Who among the following was not associated with the Lahore conspiracy case?
(A) Bhagat Singh
(B) Surya Sen
19. Kumarasambhava, an epic poem, was composed by ______________
(B) Chand Bardai
20. The founder of Madras was ______________
(A) Robert Clive
(B) Francis Day
(C) Gabriel Boughton
(D) Streysham Master