1. The founder of Boy Scouts and Civil Guides movement in India was ______________
(A) Charles Andrews
(B) Baden Powell
(C) Richard Temple
(D) Robert Montgomery
2. Under the Mountbatten Plan of 1947 the people of ______________ were given the right to decide through a plebiscite whether they wished to join Pakistan or India.
(D) N.W.F.P and the Sylhet district of Assam
3. Who among the following Urdu poets was invited to the Second and Third Round Table Conference?
(A) Faiz Ahmad Faiz
(B) Josh Malihabadi
(C) Muhammad Iqbal
(D) Firaq Gorakhpuri
4. Tripitakas are sacred books of ________________
(D) None of the above
5. Who among the following anticipated Newton be declaring that all things gravitate to the Earth?
6. The first session of the All India Trade Congress held in Bombay in 1920, was presided over by ______________
(A) J L Nehru
(B) V V Giri
(C) Lala Lajpal Rai
(D) MM Joshi
7. The title given by the British Government to Mahatma Gandhi which he surrendered during the non-cooperation movement was ______________
(A) Hind Keasri
(C) Rai Bahadur
(D) Rt. Honorable
8. Who was the British Prime Minister at the time of the Second Round Table Conference?
(A) Clement Attlee
(B) Neville Chamberlain
(C) Ramsay MacDonald
(D) None of these
9. From whom did Ranjit Singh acquire the world famous diamond the Kohinoor?
(A) Nadir Shah
(B) Zaman Shah
(C) Shah Shuja
(D) Dost Muhammad
10. Which of the following was considered the ablest writer in Persian during Akbar’s period?
(C) Abul Fazal
(D) Afizi Sarhindi
11. Under which one of the following systems of assessment, the British Government collected revenue directly from the farmer?
12. At which one of the following Neolithic sites, the evidence of the unique practice of buring the dogs with their master in the caves has been found?
13. The rulers of which dynasty adopted titles like Svamin, Bhadramukha, Sugrhitanaman and Rastriya?
(A) The Shakas of Western India
(B) The Kushanas
(C) The Guptas
(D) The lkshvakus
14. Who among the following laid the foundation of Rashtrakuta Empire?
(A) Amonghavarsha I
(D) Krishna I
15. Tunidas and Akasias were the royal officers connected with which of the following works?
(A) Supervision of ganikas
(B) Supervision of mints
(C) Tax collection
(D) Judicial pronouncements
16. Between whom was the Treaty of Purandhar in 1776 made?
(A) The English and The Nizam of Hyderabad
(B) The Marathas and The Portuguese
(C) The Marathas and The English
(D) The English and The Sultan of Mysore
17. Who among the following Chinese travelers visited the kingdoms of Harshavardhana and Kumar Bhaskar Varma?
(C) Hiun Tsang
(D) Sun Shuyun
18. Which one of the following temples was not built b Narasimha Varman II?
(A) Shore temple at Mamllapuram
(B) Airavateshvara temple at Kanchipuram
(C) Shiva temple at Panamalai
(D) Varaha temple at Mamallapuram
19. Who among the following first used the word ‘Swarajya’?
(A) Raja Rammohan Roy
(B) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(C) Mahatma Gandhi
(D) Swami Vivekanand
20. Who among the following was the first Governor General of India?
(A) Lord Amherst
(B) Lord William Bentinck
(C) Sir Charles Metcalfe
(D) Robert Clive