1. Which one of the following was a Saiva sect in ancient India?
(D) Isana siva gurudeva paddhati
2. Which one of the following is not a play written by Kalidas?
(B) Daridra Charudatta
3. When the East India Company came into existence, England was ruled by the ______________
4. Harappan agricultural economy was mainly based on ______________
(A) crop rotation
(B) rainfed cultivation
(C) wheat and associated winter crops
(D) dr farming
5. To meet the educational needs of the people, the Madarasa-I Nasiri was built in the region of ________________
(A) Qutub-ud-din Aibak
(C) Ruknuddin Firoz Shah
(D) Jalal-id-din Khilji
6. Which one of the following states was not created under the States Reorganization Act, 1956?
(A) Andhra Pradesh
(D) Madhya Pradesh
7. Jayadeva, who wrote \”Gita Govinda\” was the court poet of _______________
(A) Laxman Sen of Sena dynasty
(B) Dharmpala of Pala dynasty
(C) Gopala of Pala dynasty
(D) None of the above
8. The Sarabandi (no tax) Campaign of 1922 was led by ______________
(A) Bhagat Singh
(B) Chittaranjan Das
(D) Vallabhbhai Patel
9. The Constituent Assembly of India was set up under the ______________
(A) Sahir Ludhiyanvi
(B) Faiz Ahmed Faiz
(C) Muhammad Iqbal
(D) Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
10. Among the following who is given the credit of carrying Jainism in South India?
11. Which of the following sultans levied jeziah on Brahmins also?
(A) Ghiyasuddin Balban
(B) Alauddin Khilji
(C) Muhammad Bin Tughlaq
(D) Firoz Tughlaq
12. Who was invited by Lord Wavell to form the Interim Government in India in 1946?
(A) C Rajagopalachari
(B) Sardar Patel
(C) Jawaharlal Nehru
(D) Rajendra Prasad
13. To which of the following dynasties did King Bhoja, a great patron of literature and art, belong?
(D) Gurjara Pratihara
14. The Government of India Act, 1935 was based on ______________
(A) the principle of federation and parliamentary system
(B) the principle of secession of the British Indian provinces
(C) acceptance of independence of India
(D) Acceptance of the idea of a constituent assembly to draft a Constitution
15. Who among the following was nominated by Mahatma Gandhi for the Presidentship of the Congress in 1939 against Subhash Chandra Bose?
(A) Jawaharlal Nehru
(B) Pattabhi Sitaramayya
(C) Govind Ballabh Pant
(D) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
16. Which of the following was not a contemporary of the Indus or Harappan Civilization?
17. Who among the following finally removed the Maratha Peshwa from his position, captured his territories and sent him off to a distant place?
18. The Upanishads are ________________
(A) a source of Hindu philosophy
(B) books of ancient Hindu laws
(C) books on social behavior of man
(D) prayers to God
19. The capital of the British Indian Empire was shifted from Calcutta to Delhi because __________
(A) Delhi was located at the centre of the Empire
(B) the climate of Delhi was more suitable for the Europeans
(C) Calcutta was the hotbed of revolutionaries
(D) Delhi was the traditional seat of Imperial powers
20. The first tribal leader who was inspired by Mahatma Gandhi and his ideology was __________
(B) Rani Gaidinliu
(C) Alluri Sitaram Raju
(D) Thakkar Bapa