1. There were widespread risings against the British in the 1820s. Which one of the following did not revolt in the 1820s?
(C) Pagal Panthis
2. Which one of the following specimens of Bengal architecture is regarded as the most ambitious structure of its kind in Eastern India?
(A) Bara Sona Masjid
(B) Chhota Sona Masjid
(C) Adina Masjid
(D) Tantipura Masjid
3. The detification/worship of which of the following was not a part of the religion of Indus Valey People?
(A) Mother Goddess
(B) Forces of nature
(C) Trees and their spirits
(D) Certain animal chimeras and their anthroic figures
4. Under whose leadership was the all India Muslim League set up?
(A) Mohammed Ali Jinnah
(B) Sayyid Ahmed Khan
(C) Aga Khan
(D) All of the aboveE.None of the above
5. BR Ambedkar was elected to the Constituent Assembly from ______________
(A) Paschim Banga
(B) the Bombay Presidency
(C) the then Madhya Bharat
6. Which of the following statements on Gandhian movements is not correct?
(A) Mahatma Gandhi was in favour of mass movement
(B) Gandhian movements were non-violent in nature
(C) In gandhian movements, leadership had no role
(D) Mahatma Gandhi was in favour of passive resistance
7. Who among the following has been called as the father of Indian Pre-history?
(A) Colonel Meadows Taylor
(B) Robert Bruce Foote
(C) Alexander Cunningham
(D) Sir John Marshall
8. Gandhi coined the phrase \”Satyagraha\” in/during ______________
(A) South Africa
(B) Champaran Satyagraha
(C) Kaira Satyagraha
(D) Anti Rowlatt Act Agitation
9. Rows of distinctive fire altars with the provision of ritual bathing have been found at
10. Which one among the following Acts first made the provision of the appointment of the Indian high Commissioner in the Great Britain?
(A) Indian Council Act, 1892
(B) Indian Council Act, 1909
(C) Government of India Act, 1919
(D) Government of India Act, 1935
11. Who among the following was elected as the President of All India Khilafat Conference met at Delhi in 1919?
(A) Motilal Nehru
(B) Mahatma Gandhi
(C) MA Jinnah
(D) Shaukat Ali
12. The term ‘apabhramsa’ was used in medieval Sanskrit texts to denote.
(A) outcastes among the Rajputs
(B) deviations from Vedic rituals
(C) early forms of some of the modern Indian languages
(D) non-Sanskrit verse metres
13. Who was the first woman President of the Indian National Congress?
(A) Annie Besant
(B) Aruna Asaf Ali
(C) Sarojini Naidu
(D) Vijayalakshmi Pandit
14. Which one of the following first mooted the idea of a Constituent Assembly to frame a Constitution for India?
(A) Swaraj Party in 1934
(B) Congress Party In 1936
(C) Muslim League in 1942
(D) All parties Conference in 1946
15. Who of the following Prime Ministers sent Cripps Mission to India?
(A) James Ramsay MacDonald
(B) Stanley Baldwin
(C) Neville Chamberlain
(D) Winston Churchill
16. The rare work on architecture Samarangana Sutradhara was written by ______________
(A) Jayasimha Siddharaja
(B) Bhoja Paramara
17. Which one among the following was impeached in England for his actions in India?
18. In which one of the following cities is the Lingaraja Temple located?
19. The famous Jain scholar Hemachandra ______________
(C) Chandragupta Maurya
(D) Kumarapala Chalukya
20. Vande Mataram, the nationalist song, was a part of __________
(A) Durgesh Nandini
(B) Saraswati Chandra
(D) Anand Math