1. The Balkan Plan for fragmentation of India was the brain-child of ______________
(A) W Churchill
(B) MA Jinnah
(C) Lord Mountbatten
(D) VP Menon
2. At which of its Session, did the Congress officially accept, the ‘socialistic’ pattern of society?
(A) Nagpur Session of 1959
(B) Avadi Session of 1955
(C) Bombay Session of 1953
(D) Calcutta Session of 1957
3. The main focus area of the Rigvedic culture was __________
(A) The Indo Gangetic valley
(B) the Punjab and Delhi rgion
(C) the Indus valley
(D) the region between the Swat and the Indus
4. Who among the following took the title of \”Vikramaditya\”?
(A) Chandragupta I
(B) Chandragupta II
5. Who granted the permission to establish the first British factory at Hughli in Bengal?
(A) Shah Shuja
(B) Murshid Quli Khan
(D) Alivardi Khan
6. Where did the battle between the armies of the Mughal Emperor and Nadir Shah take place in February 1739?
7. In Sanskrit plas written during the Gupta period women and sudras speak
8. The member of Shivaji’s Astha Pradhana who looked after foreign affairs was ______________
(C) Pandit Rao
9. The two principles monuments of Alaud-din Khilji’s reign – the Jama at Kana Masjid and Alai Darwaza – were constructed at