1. Which of the following was not built by Firoz Shah Tughlaq?
(A) Palace fort of Firozabad
(B) Kotla Firoz ShahCity of Jahan Panah
(C) City of Jahan Panah
2. Which one of the following was the official language of Gupta period?
3. Which of the following Chalukyan city is known as the city of temples?
4. Which of the following ports handled the North-Indian trade during the Gupta period?
5. Which of the following aspects of the caste system was particularly condemned by all social reformers?
(A) Varna System
(B) Jati System
(C) Ashram System
6. The first effort at drafting a Dominion Status Constitution for India was made in response to the ______________
(A) Minto-Morley Reforms
(B) Montague-Chelmsford Reforms
(C) Simon Commission
(D) First Round Table Conference
7. Who was the successor of Shivaji?
(D) None of these
8. To conquer and annex Peshawar and Punjab, Mahmud of Ghazni defeated ______________
9. The ‘Arthasastra’ is a treatise on which one of the following?
(C) Political Philosophy
(D) Religion in Administration
10. Fahien’s mission to India was to ______________
(A) learn about the administrative system of the Gupta kings
(B) understand the social postion of women during the Gupta period
(C) visit the Buddhist institutions and to collect copies of Buddhist manuscripts
(D) get full knowledge about the condition of peasans during the period of Gupta kings
11. The philosophy of Sufism is similar to the Hindu philosophy of ______________
(A) Karma (action)
(B) Bhakti (devotion)
(C) Kalpa (imagination)
(D) Gyana (knowledge)
12. The Mughal Empire extended up to Tamil territory in the South under the reign of ______________
(D) Shah Jahan
13. The biggest British capital investment in India was made in __________
(A) the tea, coffee, and indigo plantations
(B) the railways, banking insurance, and shipping
(C) the cotton textile industry
(D) the jute mills
14. The Ranl Jhansi Regiment, the Women’s Regiment of Azad Hind Fauj, was under whose command?
(A) Usha Mehta
(B) Anne Mascarene
(C) Aruna Asaf Ali
(D) Lakshmi Sehgal
15. Which one of the following sites of the Indus Valley Civilization had an ancient dockyard?
16. Neel Darpan is a play based on the story of Indigo Rebellion of Bengal of 1860-61. Who authored it?
(A) Dinabandhu Mitra
(B) Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyaya
(C) Sisir Kumar Ghosh and Motilal Ghosh jointly
(D) Madhusudan Datta
17. Which one of the following was an emigre communist journal of MN Roy?
(A) Kisan Sabha
(B) The Worker
18. The medieval India writer who refers to the discovery of America is ______________
(A) Malik Muhammad Jayasi
(B) Amir Khusrau
(D) Abul Fazal
19. From which one of the following regions the earliest evidence of the rice cultivations come?
(A) Belan Valley
(B) Central Ganga Valley
(C) Gomal Valley
(D) Bolan Valley
20. The name of Ram Prasad Bismil is associated with __________
(A) Kanpur Conspiracy Case
(B) Alipore Conspiracy Case
(C) Kakori Conspiracy Case
(D) Meerut Conspiracy Case